Common Personal Injuries Sustained in Maryland
There are numerous ways victims can be injured in and around Prince George’s County, Maryland. Attorney Allen often handles personal injury claims caused by negligent and careless parties. Some of the most common types of personal injury cases he represents include:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and pedestrians
- Slip and fall accidents and various other premises liability claims resulting from property owners’ negligence
- Wrongful death cases involving the accidental or intentional death of another person
- Dog bites and attacks
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
- Birth injuries caused by negligent medical professionals
- Burn and fire injuries caused by defective wiring
- Defective product claims involving negligent manufacturing or production
- Workplace accidents involving violence, negligence, and reckless practices
The Law Office of Melvin L. Allen Jr., Esq. provides aggressive and effective legal representation to help victims move forward from their accidents in the best way possible. He’ll stop at nothing to make sure your rights are protected.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
When evaluating personal injury cases, the state of Maryland divides damages into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages can be quantified and are often easier to prove. They can include:
- Medical expenses (current and future)
- Property damages
- Loss of wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Funeral costs (in the case of wrongful death)
Non-economic damages include things money cannot cover and are not easily quantified. They may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Decreased quality of life due to injuries
- Physical disfigurement or impairment
- Loss of consortium (loss of relationship with a husband, wife, or partner)
To find out which damages you may qualify for, it is important to seek the professional counsel of a personal injury attorney. The Law Office of Melvin L. Allen, Jr. strives to help victims collect the maximum amount of compensation available to help alleviate their financial burdens. Contact Attorney Allen today to discuss the circumstances surrounding your accident.
Steps in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
With years of experience, Attorney Allen tackles each case with a strategic approach. He starts by looking over every aspect of your case and reviewing your injuries and the circumstances surrounding your accident.
Attorney Allen will gather evidence, medical records and bills, and various other documents that demonstrate the costs incurred from your accident. If you suffered injuries that left you permanently impaired, he will make sure the record reflects the pain, suffering, and limitations you are forced to endure.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
Whether your injury is minor or major, it is crucial to protect your rights and seek damages after an accident. A knowledgeable personal injury attorney will inform you of your rights and expectations relative to the severity of the accident you had. He or she will be able to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding your case.
Attorney Allen works to help accident victims maximize their recoveries after being injured. To do so, he aggressively negotiates settlements on behalf of victims that ensures they are able to get the medical treatments they need and cover their financial responsibilities as they move forward. If a settlement agreement is unable to be reached, Attorney Allen is prepared to prove a case in trial in order to help his clients prevail.
If you’ve been injured due to the negligence of another party, contact the Law Office of Melvin L. Allen, Jr., Esq. Attorney Allen proudly represents clients in Prince George’s County, Maryland, as well as those in the surrounding areas of Waldorf and Charles County. Schedule your free consultation today.